So you’ve been trying to get your hair straight by flat ironing it for a while now, but somehow you’re not always 100% satisfied how it turns out. Or maybe you’re brand new and you want to learn how to use this device! This video is made for you if you have any of the following issues:
- You cannot get your hair as straight as you’d like it?
- You have a cowlick in your bangs that always gives you trouble?
- You want a “Victoria’s Secret” voluminous look without having to round brush and blow dry it?
- You don’t have enough volume in your hair?
As a sneak peak, here’s a few hot tips to get your hair straight:
- Use no larger than one inch sub-sections
- Flat iron with a vertical section for a more lean look, horizontal for a less lean look
- Hold the iron closer to the plates for maximum tension (coarse, thick hair) and farther away for thinner, fine hair
- Always keep the iron moving so you do not burn your hair
- Always use a heat protectant. We recommend Redken Iron Shape 11; spray on dry hair before flat ironing
- Keep your flat iron below 390 degrees. Above that, it starts burning off your haircolor (protect your investment!)
Well, here it is! Our Hairstylist Christina shows you everything you need to know about flat ironing your hair to get that look you’re craving!