If the “smokey eye” with sultry black eyeshadow has become mundane to you or you don’t feel it’s suitable for you, learn this step-by-step on how to create this softer makeup technique with an array of violet and blue, edged in black. Master this look to prepare for Fall/Winter 2015 in Exton PA: the perfect look for the upcoming season.
- First, apply a moisturizing cream or serum, recommended by your Esthetician, to the entire face. Use a skin primer and a lip primer if desired.
- Apply your first light coat of mascara.
- Apply foundation to the face, using upward sweeping motions to not tug on the skin.
- Use a concealer to hide darkness under the eyes.
- To create a “primer” for your eye shadow, apply a small amount of concealer on your entire eyelid.
- Lightly set the foundation with a powder.
- To create a smokey eye line, use an angled eyeshadow brush to apply a black liquid liner under the lower lash line.
- Using a flat brush, press purple eyeshadow gently over the lower lash eyeliner.
- Apply a purple eyeliner pencil over the top eyelid as a base for your shadow. Blend out softly above the socket bone.
- Set the eye pencil base with your purple eyeshadow.
- Apply a black eyeshadow to the outer edge of the eye, blend just past the socket bone.
- Add a splash of color to the inner corner of the eye using a shimmer of blue shadow.
- Using a contour brush, sweep a beige / neutral eyeshadow through the socket bone.
- With a fine brush or liquid eyeliner, apply black liquid liner to the upper lash line. Create a crisp line, from the inner corner of the eye and tapering at the outer corner of the eye.
- For added intensity, apply black eyeshadow to the outer edge of the eye line.
- Apply two coats of mascara to the top lashes and one coat to the lower lashes.
- Comb the brows upwards and outwards with a clean mascara wand; define with eyebrow pencil of a shade lighter or on tone with your eyebrows.
- Brush on clear mascara to keep brows in place.
You can pair this smokey eye look with an array of colors such as pale and royal blue, metallic yellow, pastel green and indigo: think Vincent Van Gogh’s Starry Night painting.
Still don’t want to do your makeup yourself for special occasions? Call 610-363-8710 or click here to schedule an appointment for a makeup consultation or application for your special day!